Happy Tuesday one and all!!
Being as everyone likes to say this is 'Taco Tuesday", it got me thinking about my favorite foods and what I would want for my last meal. Which in turn brought about the memory of an article I read a few years ago about death row inmates last meals.
15 Real Death Row Requests That Will Send a Chill Down Your Spine on BrainJet.com
If for some reason I knew my last meal was coming,
I got thinking about what I would want to have, but I had to know some details first.
1. What are the limits to the 'last meal requests'?
2. What are the chances the request will be denied or altered?
Well, I dug a little and this is what I found.
The limits are based individually to each prison.
The warden, or the Dept of Corrections (DOC), reviews the request
and then decides based on their criteria.
As for the chances of the request being denied/altered is almost probably close to 95% or more,
depending again on the individual prison, warden or DOC.
* In 2011, Texas State Senator Whitmire (D) (1983-current) was pissed at the outlandish last meal request sent in by Lawrence Brewer, a white supremacist sentenced to death for the '98 dragging murder of James Byrd, Jr, so he sent a letter to the Executive Director of the state prison agency demanding that prison workers stop preparing special last meals. Or in layman's terms, no more last meals for prisoners.
Not that I blame him too much, Brewer left his last meal untouched. By choice.
Brewer's last meal consisted of:
* 2 chicken friend steaks smothered in gravy with sliced onions; a triple meat bacon cheeseburger with fixings on the side;
a cheese omelet with ground beef, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and jalapenos; a large bowl of fried okra with ketchup;
one pound of barbecue with half a loaf of white bread; three fajitas with fixings; a Meat Lover's pizza;
three root beers; one pint of Blue Bell vanilla ice cream; and a slab of peanut butter fudge with crushed peanuts."
* In 2002, Aileen Wuornos (Florida) declined a special last meal, but had a hamburger, snack food and a cup of coffee from the prison's canteen.
* In 2011, Paul Ezra Rhoades (Idaho) requested hot dogs, sauerkraut, baked beans, veggie sticks, fruit with gelatin and strawberry ice cream cups.
* In 2013, Andrew Lackey (Alabama) requested turkey bologna, french fries and grilled cheese.
Now, while I found these interesting and was kind of flabbergasted by propensity of some of these individuals not just for what they requested, but for the fact that quite a few of them had the audacity to let the food they had requested sit and waste.
On the other hand, there were at least 3 prisoners who requested their last meal be donated to someone in need. BTW, none
of these charitable requests were extended beyond the original request.
So, now my last meal would be...
* Stuffed Jumbo Shells with Garlic White Sauce
* 2 - 4" Spicy Italian Sausages
* Caprese Salad
* 2 ltr Diet Coke with Lime
* 6 oz Escarole and meatball soup
* Pint of Butter Pecan Ice Cream served with 24 oz coffee with 4 creams and 3 sugars
I've shared mine, share yours below.
I have spent quite a few years writing short stories that never quite fit into the 'normal' genre. When I came across the different erotica genres I was overjoyed. I had found my writing family. I hope that everyone enjoys what I've written. Please feel free to send me a comment/suggestion good/bad/indifferent. I appreciate all feedback! Bright Blessings!